To make Forum a safe, yet innovative and engaging space we are thinking of trying out the following:
- Networking sessions to promote networking and information exchange between delegates
- Research wall where people can write notes in response to the following question: What is the next most important research question / debate for the field of VAW?
- Partnering seasoned Forum delegates with newcomers to provide support / guidance on the event, facilitate introductions etc.
- Encourage presenters to discuss the policy implications of their research. Guidelines provided to all presenters.
- Promote diversity among delegates through provision of bursaries, translation services, encouraging HIC partners to have LMIC partners to present where feasible, equitable and appropriate.
- Facilitate events prior to Forum with young researchers through the Young Professionals Programme to identify issues they are experiencing in working this field and bring these discussions into the Forum through a networking event (breakfast/lunch).
- Continue to include interactive sessions on interventions throughout the event.
- Wellbeing activities will be infused throughout Forum 2019
- Art exhibitions
- Exciting side events on topical issues
Please send us ideas and thoughts on innovations to promote dialogue and networking and to ensure SVRI Forum remains the best conference in the field.