The African Women's Development Fund (AWDF) invitesproposals for the 16 Days Against Gender Based Violence.AWDF will fund small sized women’s rights organisations on the African continent to lend their voice to the campaign as well as participate in activities that will raise awareness and mobilise action around ending all forms of violence against women and girls in universities and other tertiary institutions.
The grant size is US$2,000. Therefore, eligible projects should have a budget of not more than US$2,000 to be supported by AWDF funds. The grant period will be for 4 months from the date of award.
- Must have been in existence for at least 3 years
- Must be duly registered, at least with its local government structure
- Must be led by a woman and have a focus on Women’s Rights
- Must have the needed organisational structures for effective implementation of the project
- Must have an appreciable financial management system to properly account for funds received
- Must be capable of reporting back on the outcomes of the project
- Must be highly recommended by a donor agency, a grantee or partner of AWDF or the local government office
- Must complete the necessary application forms
- Must have an annual budget not more than US$100,000
For more information, please visit Africa Women’s Development Fund.
Deadline: 20 July 2018