Oak Foundation seeks to appoint a Project Manager who will oversee the planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the Child Safeguarding Policy project, for a period of three years. The ideal candidate is also expected to support in other organisational development projects of the foundation. At the end of this period Oak will support the transition of this function to one of the partner strengthened through field building during the initial three years.
The primary purpose of the position will be to contribute to the overall success of Oak Foundation in working with our partners to prevent abuse and promote the safety, protection, well-being and development of children.
Specifically, the position will achieve the following objectives:
• Strategic development:
- To develop a strategy and work plan which will define Oak’s overall approach in supporting its grantees to design, implement and comply with child safeguarding measures, based on the lessons learned thus far and in line with Oak's organisational development work. The strategy will take into account the limited length of the assignment (three years) and have a clear outcome and an exit plan.
• Support organisational change:
- To develop and implement a system for organisational change within Oak to embed child safeguarding process deep within the grant-making process
- To capture and document internal learning and support problem-solving together with the Focal Points to address any challenges which might occur
• Staff development and support:
- To ensure Oak staff are confident and competent in conducting child safeguarding due diligence screenings by developing a range of support, i.e. development materials and learning opportunities.
- To liaise with, communicate to and support Oak Programme Officers to implement child safeguarding standards with their grantees.
• Field building:
- To identify, support and seed organizations/consultants which can support nonprofit organizations and the philanthropic community in general, as a way to ensure continued support for the grantees (beyond Oak`s project) and to build the field of child safeguarding.
- To show leadership, advocate and promote the strengthening of child safeguarding policies within the not-for-profit and philanthropic sectors.
To apply for the post, please send a letter of application stating the skills and approach that you would bring to this specific post along with your resume /CV in strict confidence by email to Isabel Leal/Colette Craddock at firstname.lastname@example.org. Documents must be submitted in English and in Word or pdf format.
Deadline for applications: June 25th 2017, 18.00 CET
See more information here