Knowledge for Action to End Violence Against Women and Violence Against Children
We at the Sexual Violence Research Initiative (SVRI), through our Knowledge for Action to End Violence Against Women and Violence Against Children research grant, support research to improve prevention and response to VAW, VAC and other forms of violence driven by gender inequality in low and middle-income countries – a major public health concern and human rights violation. These grants range from $40 000 to $200 000 over a two-year period.
DOWNLOAD THE SVRI RESEARCH GRANT RFP
We will consider applications for innovative research that will contribute to the prevention and response of violence against women (VAW), violence against children (VAC) and other forms of violence driven by gender inequality in low and middle-income countries.
DOWNLOAD THE SVRI RESEARCH GRANT GUIDELINES
All information needed for proposal submission is available in the following Research Grant Guidelines. Download them here.
All grant related documents can also be downloaded here.
See the World Bank country classification by income here.
Applications must be made via the ProposalCentral online system, and can be submitted in English, French and Spanish.
- Closing date for applications: 15th September 2020
- External review: 18th November - 10th December 2020
- Communication of outcomes to the research committee: December 2020
- Notification and acceptance of grants by awardees: January - February 2021
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ)
FAQ documents can also be downloaded here.
THE SVRI RESEARCH GRANT 2021 WEBINAR
On 29th July, the SVRI hosted a webinar to celebrate the launch of the SVRI Research Grant and to provide applicants with information on the 2021 grant cycle.
- Overview of SVRI Grant-Making
- SVRI Grant-Making Principles
- Former SVRI Grantee - Evaluating the Potential of Comprehensive Sexuality Education for Prevention of Intimate Partner Violence Among Young People in Mexico City (IPPF/WHR, Mexfam, LSHTM)
- The SVRI Research Grant 2021
The Webinar recording is available in English:
For further information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Grants by Year: