1. Know your target audience: Write your post with your reader in mind. What will resonate with them? What do they want to know about? What's in it for them?
2. Opening paragraph is important! The first paragraph should tell the reader who, what the post is about and why they should care about it.
3. Keep your blog short and simple: Readers generally scan a blog post. Keep it short and snappy, with a clear structure - including a major heading and sub-headings. Write shorter posts more often, using plain language (short, simple words and sentences). Ask yourself, would someone who knows little or nothing about the topic understand my blog post?
4. Search Engine Optimisation: Make your post attractive to online search engines by peppering your blog with searchable keywords / phrases and links. And by including visually appealing images - blog posts with images that are both relevant to the post and visually appealing get more views.
5. End your blog with a call to action or a question to engage your readers and encourage them to comment.
One last, but really important, tip! Before you post, always proof read and edit.