SVRI Forum Aims
SVRI Forum 2019 aims to be:
- Dynamic: Mixing oral presentations, special sessions, films, exhibitions, speed dating and social activities to maximise interactions between participants, speakers and presenters.
- Innovative: Sharing of new, cutting edge research and interventions in the field and creative mechanisms for research communication/dissemination and uptake.
- Capacity Building: Building expertise in research methods and practice to develop a cadre of researchers doing excellent rigorous research and conversant with how to use evidence to influence policy and programme development.
- Participative and Interactive: Encouraging active participation throughout the Forum events and presentations, and fostering discussion, interaction and networking
- Multigenerational: Promoting participation from young to senior researchers. Speaker experience will be considered when developing conference sessions, aiming to ensure a mix of both new and emerging researchers with global experts.
- Equitable: Promoting meaningful, real north-south; south-north, south-south, as well as researcher-activist and researcher-policy-maker partnerships. Lead researchers are strongly encouraged to ensure meaningful participation of local partners in their Forum presentation and, where possible, jointly present findings.
- Focused on low and middle-income countries: Building evidence for improved responses and prevention efforts in low and middle-income countries is what SVRI is all about, and is a priority for all our events.