6th Global Conference on Violence Against Women | CTICC, South Africa | 21-25 October 2019

Thank you for joining us

SVRI celebrated 10 Years of SVRI Forum with our 6th biennial Forum successfully held at the Cape Town International Convention Centre, South Africa from 21 – 25 October 2019.

Reserved: “I am going to SVRI! These are my people!” ~ SVRI Forum 2019 DelegateSVRI Forum has seen immense growth over the past 10 years with just under 200 delegates at our first Forum in 2009 and over 750 attending in 2019.

SVRI Forum, as an abstract driven event, is dependent on, and deeply grateful to our 121 abstract reviewers for ensuring that the science and programmatic learnings coming out of Forum are of an exceptionally high standard. We received 726 abstracts, which were sent out and independently reviewed by at least two reviewers. The final programme included 221 oral presentations, 98 Four Minute Presentations, 10 pre-conference workshops, a multitude of participant driven events, launches, networking opportunities with self-care and social events woven throughout.

Thank you to all session chairs and presenters for your efforts to ensure panels ran smoothly and to time, that presentations were accessible to non-research audiences and that the importance of the research and programmes for policy-making and the lives of women, young people and children were highlighted.

Reserved: “It was so well organized, usually, conferences are so inhuman. I never once felt tired or worn down. People were kind! The plenary sessions were so good. There was so much quality research to fill the mind! I've gone home with a list of new colleagues who can work with us. There was not enough time. It was the best conference I have ever attended, and I felt included. I am an SVRI-er from now on” ~ SVRI Forum 2019 participant.    And thank you, thank you, thank you to our sponsors and partners, including our conference workshop convenors, for your generosity, time, support and guidance, which ensured the success of SVRI Forum 2019.

Presentations are available for download on the Forum Programme Page. For additional post-Forum products, please visit SVRI Forum 2019’s Gallery Page, Graphic Harvesting, Forum 2019 Highlights Video, SVRI Forum 2019: Time Is Now official video, SVRI Forum 2019 Conference Report and SVRI Forum 2019 Brief

Thank you again to you all for ensuring SVRI Forum remains the central event for the field, the place where the field comes together to network, learn and share – TIME IS NOW!

We look forward to seeing you at Forum 2021 – to be held 20-24 September 2021 – save the date!

For more information on the SVRI visit our website or contact us at svri@mrc.ac.za.

Reserved: I love, love, love the SVRI Forum!  It’s my favourite conference of all time.  Thank you! ~ SVRI Forum 2019 delegate.      Reserved: “I loved the representation of diverse women, the range of research presented, and how the conference centred survivors. The conference was incredibly powerful overall” ~ SVRI Forum 2019 delegate.

Live streaming

Stay up to date

Summaries, Recordings, Videos and Photo gallery

SVRI Forum hosted by

Sponsors & Partners