To make Forum a safe, happy, innovative and engaging space we are thinking of trying out the following:
- Networking sessions to promote networking and information exchange between delegates. We want to create additional networking opportunities to maximise our time together – we welcome your thoughts on these opportunities, as well as other ideas you may have for strengthening networking at SVRI Forum. Please send us your networking ideas, comments and suggestions via this brief, online survey before 9th July 2019. Complete the SVRI Forum 2019 Networking Survey here.
- Research wall where people can write notes in response to the following question: What is the next most important research question / debate for the field of VAW? And/Or a Well-being Wall: How do we flourish and thrive whilst doing this work?
- Wellbeing activities will be infused throughout Forum 2019
- Art exhibitions
- Exciting side events on topical issues
- Promote diversity among delegates through provision of bursaries, translation services, encouraging HIC partners to have LMIC partners to present where feasible, equitable and appropriate.
- Facilitate events prior to Forum with young researchers through the Young Professionals Programme to identify issues they are experiencing in working this field and bring these discussions into the Forum through a networking event (breakfast/lunch).
- Encourage presenters to discuss the policy implications of their research. Provide guidelines to all presenters. Continue to include interactive sessions on interventions throughout the event.
Please send us ideas and thoughts on innovations to promote dialogue and networking and to ensure SVRI Forum remains the best conference in the field.